- My Home
- My Community
- My Environment
- Work With Us
- Investing in Parramatta
- Doing Business in Parramatta
- What's on
- Sports & Recreation
- Lodging DA
- When is a Development Application (DA) required?
- Before Preparing a DA
- Pre-lodgement Meetings
- Preparing and Lodging a DA
- Construction Certificates
- Modifying a Development Consent
- Plans and Documents on Exhibition
- Making a Submission to a DA
- Register of DA's with Variation to Development Standards
- Buying and Selling Property
- Planning and Forms
- Heritage building
- Lodging DA
- Your Council
- Future Planning
A planning proposal, also known as a rezoning application, is a request to amend a Local Environmental Plan (LEP) through the 'Gateway' process.
LEPs are the legislative framework guiding the development of land in a local government area through land use zones and development controls. They allow councils to manage land use and development. LEPs consist of a written instrument and a series of maps.
There are two LEPs that apply to the Parramatta local government area, being the Parramatta City Centre LEP 2007 and the Parramatta LEP 2011.
Fees applicable to Planning Proposals are set out in a Schedule of Fees & Charges (page 83 of the document).
- Planning Proposal application form (56Kb pdf).
Should you wish to discuss and prepare a Planning Proposal, please contact Council's Land Use Planning Team on 9806 5050.
Further information regarding Planning Proposals can be obtained from the NSW Department of Planning and Infrastructure's Local Planning website at: www.planning.nsw.gov.au
Last updated on 14 May 2013