- My Home
- My Community
- My Environment
- Work With Us
- Investing in Parramatta
- Doing Business in Parramatta
- What's on
- Sports & Recreation
- Lodging DA
- When is a Development Application (DA) required?
- Before Preparing a DA
- Pre-lodgement Meetings
- Preparing and Lodging a DA
- Construction Certificates
- Modifying a Development Consent
- Plans and Documents on Exhibition
- Making a Submission to a DA
- Register of DA's with Variation to Development Standards
- Buying and Selling Property
- Planning and Forms
- Heritage building
- Lodging DA
- Your Council
- Future Planning
Working In The Road Reserve
Before carrying out any works in the Road Reserve you will need permission from either Council or Roads & Maritime Services (RMS – formerly RTA). For all works on State & Regional Roads you may need to apply for permits from both Roads Authorities.
Temporary Road or Footpath Occupancy
If you are carrying out work that does not involve excavation of any surface within the Road Reserve, you need to apply for a Temporary Road Occupancy Permit. Depending on the nature and location of the work, various conditions will apply.
Road Opening and Temporary Occupancy
A Road Opening and Temporary Occupancy Permit is required for all works involving excavation of Roads, Footpaths, Kerb & Gutter or Nature Strip. The cost for the permit is calculated according to the area and type of surface to be excavated and is the scheduled fee for Council to permanently restore all surfaces once your works are complete.
Unless previously approved in writing, you are not permitted to carry out permanent restoration using your own contractors.
Fees applicable for Temporary Road or Footpath Occupancy are set out in Council’s Schedule of Fees & Charges (page 77 of the document, Ref No 12.45).
Fees applicable for Road Opening Permit are set out in Council’s Schedule of Fees & Charges (page 11 - 14 of the document, Ref No 6.29).
Conditions & Forms
- Temporary Road/Footpath Occupancy Application (346Kb pdf).
- Road Opening Permit Application (758Kb pdf).
- Temporary Restoration/Restoration Specification (191Kb pdf).
- Credit Card Authorisation Form (22Kb pdf).
If you wish to discuss the application process for either of the above permits please contact:
Temporary Road / Footpath Occupancy - Traffic Services on 9806 5050.
Road Opening Permit – Civil Infrastructure on 9806 5616
Last updated on 17 Jul 2014