Construction Certificates

When undertaking any building or structural work, you will need to obtain a Construction Certificate - previously known as a Building Application - in addition to securing development consent through a DA.

A Construction Certificate certifies that the detailed construction plans and specifications for the development are consistent with the development consent and comply with the Building Code of Australia. The Certificate is required prior to commencing work.

You may obtain a Construction Certificate from City of Parramatta Council or from a private accredited certifier. For some minor work such as partitioning, a joint Development Application/Construction Certificate submission may be made to City of Parramatta Council.

Last updated on 17 May 2016