- My Home
- My Community
- My Environment
- Work With Us
- Investing in Parramatta
- Doing Business in Parramatta
- What's on
- Sports & Recreation
- Lodging DA
- When is a Development Application (DA) required?
- Before Preparing a DA
- Pre-lodgement Meetings
- Preparing and Lodging a DA
- Construction Certificates
- Modifying a Development Consent
- Plans and Documents on Exhibition
- Making a Submission to a DA
- Register of DA's with Variation to Development Standards
- Buying and Selling Property
- Planning and Forms
- Heritage building
- Lodging DA
- Your Council
- Future Planning
In some instances, a pre-lodgement meeting is recommended. A pre-lodgement meeting provides the prospective applicant with the opportunity to discuss and receive feedback from Council on the technical and merit aspects of a development proposal. This occurs following a preliminary assessment by staff of submitted plans and documents detailing the proposal.
Although pre-lodgement meetings are not mandatory, this service is encouraged by Council because:
- It's the most appropriate and transparent means of dealing with enquires of a complex or site-specific nature, or where formal feedback is being sought on a specific development concept or proposed plan;
- It's an opportunity for Council to advise the applicant of strategic objectives for the development of the area;
- It allows for any potential issues to be dealt with prior to the formal lodgement of a DA; and
- It enables Council to provide relevant information to the applicant to assist in resolving any issues prior to lodging an application.
Conducting a pre-lodgement meeting may assist in reducing the assessment times of DAs. Where possible, during the pre-lodgement meeting, Council officers will suggest alternative and acceptable solutions for the applicant to consider.
A pre-lodgement meeting is for discussion and clarification purposes only and may not identify all possible issues. It is not, in any way, intended to pre-empt a final decision in relation to a development application.
Additional pre-lodgement meetings may be required at a later time, if considered necessary. This usually occurs with large, complex proposals and allows additional or revised information and documentation to be reviewed prior to submission of the DA. This ensures the completeness if the DA and assist to minimise delays.
Last updated on 06 Jan 2011