- My Home
- My Community
- My Environment
- Work With Us
- Investing in Parramatta
- Doing Business in Parramatta
- What's on
- Sports & Recreation
- Lodging DA
- When is a Development Application (DA) required?
- Before Preparing a DA
- Pre-lodgement Meetings
- Preparing and Lodging a DA
- Construction Certificates
- Modifying a Development Consent
- Plans and Documents on Exhibition
- Making a Submission to a DA
- Register of DA's with Variation to Development Standards
- Buying and Selling Property
- Planning and Forms
- Heritage building
- Lodging DA
- Your Council
- Future Planning
Doing Business in Parramatta
Doing business in Parramatta is easy. Whether you’re starting your business or wish to relocate here, whether you're a sole operator or a multinational organization City of Parramatta Council will support your move to the area.
The rents are competitive and businesses are profitable. Being geographically central in Sydney gives you access to a skilled workforce that is centrally serviced by public transport and major motor ways. To guide you we have online resources and programs that support new initiatives.
How to Start a Small Business - Free 10 week program
City of Parramatta, in partnership with TAFE Western Sydney Institute, is delivering How to Start a Small Business Program. A FREE 10 week program is designed to provide practical advice and training to someone looking at starting a small business for the first time typically as a sole trader.
Business and Economy News
- Free Energy Saving workshops and assessments for local Parramatta businesses - 14 Jan 2016
Free Energy Saving workshops and assessments for local Parramatta businesses
- Report - Making Western Sydney Greater - 19 Aug 2015
Making Western Sydney Great report identifies two key issues of employment and training – with business identifying this as critical to the region’s development and success. – University of Western Sydney and William Buck
- Premier Mike Baird says Parramatta is looked to as the "infrastructure capital of the world" - 26 May 2015
NSW Premier Mike Baird says Parramatta is set to become the "infrastructure capital of the world", with the future of the state and nation heavily tied to the western Sydney city.
- The rise of Parramatta: 'Once in a lifetime opportunity' - 26 May 2015
A marker of Parramatta's emerging economic clout came this week when a $2 billion proposal to rejuvenate its commercial hub took a major step forward.
- IOOF buys $25M Office Building in Parramatta - 01 May 2015
ASX-listed IOOF Holdings has purchased an office building in Parramatta for $25.4 million as Sydney’s dual CBD experiences a drop in vacancy rates attracts a greater range of investors - Australian Financial Review
Last updated on 12 May 2016