- My Home
- My Community
- My Environment
- Work With Us
- Investing in Parramatta
- Doing Business in Parramatta
- What's on
- Sports & Recreation
- Lodging DA
- When is a Development Application (DA) required?
- Before Preparing a DA
- Pre-lodgement Meetings
- Preparing and Lodging a DA
- Construction Certificates
- Modifying a Development Consent
- Plans and Documents on Exhibition
- Making a Submission to a DA
- Register of DA's with Variation to Development Standards
- Buying and Selling Property
- Planning and Forms
- Heritage building
- Lodging DA
- Your Council
- Future Planning
You can view Councils planning controls using the My Development Portal and also use this site to track your application and find property information.
Environmental Planning Instruments
Environmental planning instruments that apply within City of Parramatta Council
Amendment No 10 to Parramatta Local Environmental Plan 2011 (PLEP 2011) came into effect on Friday 18 December 2015. This amendment will consolidate Council’s two LEP’S. This will be achieved by including the land currently covered by the Parramatta City Centre LEP 2007 within PLEP 2011. A new part (part 7) of PLEP 2011 will contain special provisions relating to the City Centre.
The LEP amendment also refines the operation of some provisions relating to the City Centre, corrects mapping anomalies and combines all the relevant map sheets into one set of maps. As per Council’s adopted planning proposal post exhibition (December 2013), some of the more notable changes include; increasing the design excellence bonus from 10% to 15%, reducing the minimum site area required to achieve the maximum mapped FSR from 2500sqm to 1800sqm, the prohibition of any new sex services premises within the Parramatta CBD, the re-zoning of No 12 Hassall Street from B3 (Commercial Core) to B4 (Mixed Use) and the application of zoning to waterways and roads.
The amending instrument containing the relevant provisions is able to be viewed at;
legislation website and accompanying maps will be updated over coming weeks and
will be able to be viewed at (http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/maintop/scanact/inforce/NONE/0).
In the interim enquiries may be directed to Jennifer Concato on 9806-5767 up to 24 December 2015 or Myfanwy McNally on 9806-5447 between (4 January – 8 January 2016) and after this time a member of the Land Use Team.
Development Control Plans
Development Control Plans that apply within the City of Parramatta:
Development Policies and Guidelines (including Developer Contributions)
Council policies and guidelines that apply within the City of Parramatta:
- Social Impact Assessment Guidelines 01 Oct 2013 ( 508.5 KB)
- Policy for the Handling of Unclear, Insufficient and Amended Development Applications 24 Sep 2009 ( 39.8 KB)
- Parramatta Voluntary Planning Agreements Policy 31 Jul 2009 ( 131.6 KB)
- Hoarding Policy 01 Jun 2016 ( 911.6 KB)
- Parramatta Lanes Policy 30 Mar 2011 ( 571.7 KB)
- PCC Design Excellence Competition Guidelines 14 Oct 2010 ( 532.9 KB)
- Director General's Design Excellence Guidelines
- Public Domain Guidelines 01 Feb 2016 ( 13.8 MB)
- Sample Analysis Context Plans 06 Feb 2012 ( 3.3 MB)
- Stormwater Disposal Policy 11 Aug 2015 ( 87.2 KB)
- Development Contributions
Exhibited Planning Proposals
The following Planning Proposals have been publicly exhibited and may be required to be taken into consideration in determining a development application in accordance with Section 79C(1)(a)ii of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Ac, 1979. For enquiries in relation to the status of these Planning Proposals please contact a member of the Land Use Team on 9806-5635.
- Housekeeping amendments to the Parramatta LEP 2011 and Parramatta Development Control Plan 2011 (exhibited 31 July – 30 August 2013).
Draft amendments to Planning Controls – Parramatta City Centre (exhibited 28 August – 27 September 2013).
- Planning Proposal for LEP 2011
- Draft LEP Maps - City Centre
- Draft amendments to Parramatta Development Control Plan 2011 – Parramatta City Centre
Last updated on 16 May 2016