- My Home
- My Community
- My Environment
- Work With Us
- Investing in Parramatta
- Doing Business in Parramatta
- What's on
- Sports & Recreation
- Lodging DA
- When is a Development Application (DA) required?
- Before Preparing a DA
- Pre-lodgement Meetings
- Preparing and Lodging a DA
- Construction Certificates
- Modifying a Development Consent
- Plans and Documents on Exhibition
- Making a Submission to a DA
- Register of DA's with Variation to Development Standards
- Buying and Selling Property
- Planning and Forms
- Heritage building
- Lodging DA
- Your Council
- Future Planning
Parking in Parramatta
Parramatta City Council operates paid parking in the City centre and North Parramatta.
Ticket parking helps visitors to our City to find parking spaces and encourage greater patronage of local businesses.
Lower ticket parking rates apply in the northern and southern fringes of the CBD. Parking restrictions have also been installed beyond the metered area to ensure that there is parking available for residents, visitors, and local businesses.
Paid parking is one element of a larger transport management plan for Parramatta. In recent years, Council has implemented free Shuttle Bus within the City centre, introduced park and ride facilities, T-Way bus routes, upgraded its car parks and improved street signage.
Revenue from ticket parking is reinvested back into the community via neighbour revitalisation projects, resources and infrastructure.
New Parking Meters
Parramatta City Council are currently rolled out new parking meters in the Parramatta CBD and surrounds. Parking meter upgrades mean new convenient methods of payment, including mobile phone, and an easy-to-operate interface.
For information on how to operate the new parking meters, please refer to instructional brochure
See the PDF of Parramatta CBD Parking Meters.
Council's Community Safety Officers patrol the Parramatta Local Government Area to ensure vehicles are parked safely and legally. Infringement notices may be issued for parking offences.
Have you received a parking fine? Information to assist you is available here.
Cost of Parking in Parramatta
$3.50 CBD (central)
$2.50 North Parramatta (north of Parramatta River, except Church Street and the southern part of the CBD between Church Street, Parkes Street, the railway line and Raymond Street)
$1.50 after 6pm and all day Saturday for operating meters
$1.50 per hour where there is 10 hour parking or all day parking
Meters accept coins starting from $0.10 (no change given) and card facilities (Mastercard, Visa, Amex and Diners). Parking concession rates are not available for meter parking (as per the RTA manual).
Parking for Disabled Drivers
Disabled drivers with a Mobility Parking Scheme (MPS) card displayed on the windscreen are entitled to the following parking concessions:
- When parking in a metered, coupon or ticket parking area, no charge is applied.
- Where parking is limited by a sign to more than 30 minutes, the vehicle can park for an unlimited time.
- Where parking is limited by a sign for 30 minutes, the vehicle can park for 2 hours.
- Where parking is limited by a sign to less than 30 minutes, the vehicle can park for a maximum of 30 minutes.
Note: Parking concession is not available to disabled drivers in multi-level car parks.
All day $9.00 / $7.50 pay parking in Parramatta (map)
A maximum parking fee of either $9.00 or $7.50 per day applies on 'all day' and '10 hour' on-street metered parking spaces in the City centre and surrounding areas. Generally this restriction is on one side of the street only.
Set-down/pick-up areas for Parramatta Railway Station:
- Macquarie Street (south side, east of Centenary Square)
- Darcy Street (north side outside Council Building)
- West side of Smith Street, north of Darcy Street (outside the Sydney Water building at 1 Smith Street)
- Fitzwilliam Street (outside railway station)
- Valentine Avenue near Wentworth Street (south side)
Free Parking (map)
Free parking, for 15 minutes, is available in the following Parramatta City centre streets:
- CBD streets bounded by Marsden Street, Phillip St, Smith Street & railway line plus Church Street, south of Argyle Street.
- Ross Street (between Villiers and Sorrell Streets).
- Grose Street (between Villiers and Sorrell Streets).
- Fennell Street (between Villiers and Sorrell Streets).
Please note, parking tickets must be displayed.
Five minute free parking is available in following streets of Parramatta (near schools, railway stations, Parramatta Central Library and Australia Post outlets)
- Macquarie Street (between Smith & Charles streets during 8:30 - 9:30 am & 2:30 - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday)
- Little Street (8:30 - 9:30am & 2:30 - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday)
- Villers Street
Motorcycle Parking in Parramatta CBD
Free and pay parking facilities for Motorcycles are available in following streets of Parramatta CBD:
- Erby Place
- Corner of Horwood Place and Macquarie Lane
- Parkes Street (outside Wentworth Street car park)
- Fennell Street car park (North Parramatta)
- Erby Lane (off Horwood Place)
- Eat Street car park
- Parramatta Station car park
- City Centrecar park
- Justice Precinct car park
Last updated on 23 Jun 2016