- My Home
- My Community
- My Environment
- Work With Us
- Investing in Parramatta
- Doing Business in Parramatta
- What's on
- Sports & Recreation
- Lodging DA
- When is a Development Application (DA) required?
- Before Preparing a DA
- Pre-lodgement Meetings
- Preparing and Lodging a DA
- Construction Certificates
- Modifying a Development Consent
- Plans and Documents on Exhibition
- Making a Submission to a DA
- Register of DA's with Variation to Development Standards
- Buying and Selling Property
- Planning and Forms
- Heritage building
- Lodging DA
- Your Council
- Future Planning
Citizenship Ceremonies at Parramatta City Council
Becoming an Australian Citizen is a very special occasion and an important decision that will impact on the rest of your life and the future of your children.
It represents the beginning of a new period in a person's life, demonstrating their allegiance to Australia and the Australian way of life.
Parramatta City Council hosts a number of Citizenship Ceremonies a year.
If you have applied for Citizenship, the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs will notify you of the date and timing of your Ceremony. If you have any enquiries about the date of your Ceremony call the Citizenship Information Line on 131 881.
The schedule for citizenship ceremonies for 2016 is:
- Tuesday - 26 January (Australia Day) (Download photos here)
- Australia Day Awards (Download photos here)
- Wednesday - 3rd February (Download photos here)
- Wednesday - 2nd March
- Wednesday - 6th April (Download photos here)
- Wednesday - 4th May
- Wednesday - 1st June
- Wednesday - 6th July
- Wednesday - 3rd August
- Wednesday - 7th September
- Wednesday - 5th October
- Wednesday - 2nd November
Australian Citizenship Ceremonies in Parramatta
- Parramatta City Council aims to hold two Citizenship Ceremonies every month for approximately 150 candidates. The ceremony is presided over by the Administrator and candidates will receive information about the date, time and location of their ceremony via post.
- The Department of Immigration and Citizenship also holds frequent ceremonies at their office at 9 Wentworth Street Parramatta.
Once a client is approved for Australian Citizenship from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship they
- Wait for a letter from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to advise when you will be allocated to a ceremony. The current waiting time is 6 – 9 months after you have received your approval. This letter is usually provided 6 – 8 weeks prior the ceremony.
- All client information is handled by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship NOT Council.
- The Department of Immigration are the only ones who can allocate clients to attend a ceremony NOT Council.
- The Department of Immigration under no circumstances will move clients forward on the list or give preference to clients to attend a ceremony.
- If you are invited to attend a ceremony and do not attend you are required to wait until you are invited to a new ceremony. Failure to attend further ceremonies can result in forfeiting your Australian Citizenship.
Quite often the Department of Immigration Customer Service line advises clients to contact the local Council for information in regards to ceremonies. This information is not correct. Council does not have access to any client information.
All enquiries regarding Australian Citizenship are referred to:
- The Department of Immigration and Citizenship on 131 880. If you have been approved for Australian Citizenship please request to speak to the CITIZENSHIP CEREMONIES SECTION.
Last updated on 06 Jun 2016